Thursday 14 November 2013

Fashion and textiles pathway-design development

Today focused on design development and was about going through the process of designing garments. We also had to spend time taking photographs of details on clothing so we could explore the different details required within garments. The images I took can be seen below:





















As my interest in menswear keeps growing, I decided to base my design ideas for men. We began by doing bursts of designing for each type of garment from jackets and trousers to skirts for men. The designs had to be based on a shape of which mine was a circular splodge. After the initial design process, we had to choose five items to do five developments for and then leading to back and front views for five final design ideas for a mini collection. I think I got on quite well with the given task as I do not have a lot of design experience but rather just tried to put my effort into the tasks. I am quite proud with with what I have achieved a sI think I have adapted well to tbe design tasks and managed to speed up my design process throughout the day. From the tasks, I have learnt that you must be quick in initial design stages in order to fully explore an idea. Below are images of all the stages of my design process:

jacket design

collar design


pocket design

skirt design

sleeve design

trouser design

developments



















No comments:

Post a Comment